I am a bad blogger. I have no excuse, but I will tell you my reasoning. Ian and I have done very blog-able things in the last week and a half but I am HORRIBLE at taking pictures. For example, as a surprise date last WEDNESDAY (like 10/12, not 10/19) to Thriller by Odyssey Dance Company. Neither of us had ever seen it, so I bought the "cheap" tickets so I wouldn't feel disappointed if we hated it. WE LOVED IT!! It was so SO good! We were amazed at what we had been missing for the last 15 years, so needless to say, next year we will be going again. Here are our tickets to prove it :)
We also had a mini vay-cay to Park City this past weekend. We did one of those name your own price things on Priceline and ended up with a 3.5 star hotel for $45 a night.... not awful. Priceline took my bid the first time I tried which kinda upset me because now I wonder if they would have taken $35... so typical. It was Ian's Fall Break and he REALLY wanted to go out of town, but I couldn't miss any more work so we ended up there. It was actually really fun. We had kind of a not so great experience on our last trip so this mini one gave us hope that we CAN still have a good time on vacation. Ian has a serious obsession with trains (I think its so cute!!), so we bought tickets for the Heber Valley Railroad. We read the reviews before we went and it had a grand total of 1.5 stars. Kinda sad. We were really worried, but decided we would make the best of it. We enjoyed the trip quite a bit. The train was rickety, old, dirty, we could see the ground through rusted away spots in places, and I'm pretty sure there was a hornets nest somewhere, but it was a good time to just sit and talk. We paid extra for the "gourmet sack lunch" that was actually REALLY good. It was the best part of the ride for sure!! The sandwiches were on Rosemary focaccia bread which was a really nice surprise and the cookie was to die for. It took a grand total of 3 hours and took up a good chunk of our afternoon. After that we went back to the hotel and took a nap (we didn't sleep well the night before). We went to Squatters for dinner and wasn't really impressed. Then we walked main street and just enjoyed the Park City life. On Sunday morning we woke up and I was in charge of breakfast. While Ian was showering I did a little research and found a little restaurant called "The No Worries Cafe" that was supposed to be PHENOMENAL.... and it was!! We ended up at the Olympic park for a few hours and then went to the outlets because Ian needed new jeans. Then we came home and did our laundry. It was such a relaxing weekend that we BOTH needed. Ian has been struggling a lot with school (the crazy took 4 graduate level classes this semester) and work was stressing me out beyond belief (also see my previous post on being sick). The sad part is that I only ended up with ONE picture of this vay-cay so here we are.
So now we are here. Ian is still stressed about school, and I am STILL sick but we are doing well.
Oh here is another picture to prove I am not AWFUL:
I made pumpkin cheesecake muffins this week and here is one. It was delicious in case you are wondering.
Ohhhh.... P.S. I may or may not have gone to the doctor yesterday (finally) and found out I have strep.... and I have since last Monday. No wonder everyone I work with has been taking sick days.


2 reactions:
Karin Tye, strep, seriously? You have got to take care of yourself, girl!
P.S. I want that muffin...
SO fun-that's a great price for Park City! Darrin and I just stayed the weekend there-SO gorgeous! And that muffin looks to die for!
Post a Comment