Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DIY wreath

A few weeks ago I made a Halloween wreath that I had found a tutorial for on Pinterest. I love how it turned out but it was quite pricey.


Items needed:
3 feather boas
a wire wreath frame
super glue
any decorations you want to put in it (I used Halloween colored ball ornaments)

Directions: Start wherever you want on the wire frame (I started on the outside). Try to get to the middle of the feathers (where the rope in the middle runs through) and put the glue there. I found the rope works better because the feathers rip out easily and the rope gives it something to hold on to. Continue gluing circularly around the wire frame adding boa after boa. Keep going until you have reached the fullness you want. Glue in your decorations.

Easy, easy, easy. I suggest trying to find a coupon or wait for a sale on the feather boas because they are typically between $6-$9 each... which adds up when you buy 3. I know this is probably confusing, but I'm not very good at directions.