A few posts ago I promised pictures of my place. I finally got around to taking the pics... So, I present, "Karin's humble abode":

Right when you walk in you are greeted with my living room. The couch is a sofa sleeper I inherited from my grandma when she moved in with us. I also inherited the end tables. I LOVE my rug!!! I got it from Tuesday Morning and it's something I will never let go of... even though Ian doesn't particularly like my floral taste (but I don't like his geometric taste). Gotta love my pitiful Halloween decorations on my coffee table.


Next up is my favorite room, the kitchen. I don't know why I love this kitchen so much, but I do. Sometimes I just sit at the table, and be creepy. The table was another inherited item from my grandma, and it was the thing I kinda fought for (at lease I would have if anyone else wanted it). I love this table because my grandma and I used to play dice, Mexican Train or just eat breakfast (dry cereal, toast with raspberry or strawberry jam, half a banana and orange juice) at this table. The two side chairs are the original chairs that came with the table and are still the original color. Ian and I took on the project of re-finished both our tables one weekend and that's when I painted mine black. I love it even more now. Eventually I want to get new chairs because I really don't want to keep gluing these ones like I do now. The rugs are, again, Tuesday Morning purchases and the one under the table was my housewarming gift from my amazing mother. Isn't she fabulous?? Excuse the washer and dryer... I was doing laundry when I took these pics. If you look hard enough you can see more pitiful attempts at Halloween decorations on my stove. I just noticed I didn't get my favorite part of the kitchen... I found a really good deal on picture that is hanging above my sink. It brings all the colors in and I love LOVE it because you see when you first walk to the apartment.
This is the hall. I am standing in the guest/office/sewing /storage room. To the right is the bathroom, to the left is my bedroom. At the end of the hall is a mirror I also got from my mom. To left of that is the front room and the right is the kitchen. The rug will be the death of me. I love it but it slides EVERYWHERE!! I have the rug grip thing under it and everything, but it still slides around every time I walk on it. Ugh. The coat closet in the middle of the hall terrifies me because I found a tarantula making his home in there (okay I might be exaggerating). I FREAKED out and cried and called everyone I knew but I ended up having to kill it myself. It was horrifying... and I had to give myself the "I'm bigger than him" pep talk a few times before I succeeded.
The bathroom. Not much to say.... I got the shower curtain and the matching towels/toothbrush holder/soap dispenser at Big Lots so that's cool I guess. The faucet leaks. Everything has been re-modeled but the faucets are still quite old so it reminds me of how old the building is.

My bedroom. I LOVE my headboard (I know you can't see the detail, sorry). I bought it off KSL over a year ago. It was already that cute mossy color which I love. It has a hand carved floral design in the top that I love. The only downside to the bed is that it is REALLY squeaky, and I toss and turn in my sleep so I feel bad for the neighbors. The rug is from Home Fabrics in Midvale. I like it, but its not my favorite rug in the house and that picture is another thing from my grandma that I LOVE. I remember it hanging over her bed for YEARS!
So, there you have it! My new place!!! Its small and simple, but I love it. I also LOVE visitors so if anyone wants to come play with me I would love it :)

Right when you walk in you are greeted with my living room. The couch is a sofa sleeper I inherited from my grandma when she moved in with us. I also inherited the end tables. I LOVE my rug!!! I got it from Tuesday Morning and it's something I will never let go of... even though Ian doesn't particularly like my floral taste (but I don't like his geometric taste). Gotta love my pitiful Halloween decorations on my coffee table.

Next up is my favorite room, the kitchen. I don't know why I love this kitchen so much, but I do. Sometimes I just sit at the table, and be creepy. The table was another inherited item from my grandma, and it was the thing I kinda fought for (at lease I would have if anyone else wanted it). I love this table because my grandma and I used to play dice, Mexican Train or just eat breakfast (dry cereal, toast with raspberry or strawberry jam, half a banana and orange juice) at this table. The two side chairs are the original chairs that came with the table and are still the original color. Ian and I took on the project of re-finished both our tables one weekend and that's when I painted mine black. I love it even more now. Eventually I want to get new chairs because I really don't want to keep gluing these ones like I do now. The rugs are, again, Tuesday Morning purchases and the one under the table was my housewarming gift from my amazing mother. Isn't she fabulous?? Excuse the washer and dryer... I was doing laundry when I took these pics. If you look hard enough you can see more pitiful attempts at Halloween decorations on my stove. I just noticed I didn't get my favorite part of the kitchen... I found a really good deal on picture that is hanging above my sink. It brings all the colors in and I love LOVE it because you see when you first walk to the apartment.
This is the hall. I am standing in the guest/office/sewing /storage room. To the right is the bathroom, to the left is my bedroom. At the end of the hall is a mirror I also got from my mom. To left of that is the front room and the right is the kitchen. The rug will be the death of me. I love it but it slides EVERYWHERE!! I have the rug grip thing under it and everything, but it still slides around every time I walk on it. Ugh. The coat closet in the middle of the hall terrifies me because I found a tarantula making his home in there (okay I might be exaggerating). I FREAKED out and cried and called everyone I knew but I ended up having to kill it myself. It was horrifying... and I had to give myself the "I'm bigger than him" pep talk a few times before I succeeded.
The bathroom. Not much to say.... I got the shower curtain and the matching towels/toothbrush holder/soap dispenser at Big Lots so that's cool I guess. The faucet leaks. Everything has been re-modeled but the faucets are still quite old so it reminds me of how old the building is.
My bedroom. I LOVE my headboard (I know you can't see the detail, sorry). I bought it off KSL over a year ago. It was already that cute mossy color which I love. It has a hand carved floral design in the top that I love. The only downside to the bed is that it is REALLY squeaky, and I toss and turn in my sleep so I feel bad for the neighbors. The rug is from Home Fabrics in Midvale. I like it, but its not my favorite rug in the house and that picture is another thing from my grandma that I LOVE. I remember it hanging over her bed for YEARS!So, there you have it! My new place!!! Its small and simple, but I love it. I also LOVE visitors so if anyone wants to come play with me I would love it :)

7 reactions:
Kar, I am SO glad you finally posted pictures! It is super cute, and SO you! Hank and I are coming down next weekend to visit, we need to get together so you can see his cute face!
OH MY!! Kelli, I actually did this post specifically for you!! Ha! I want to snuggle him SO bad!!
SO cute Kar-you've done an awesome job! And That's so awesome that you have a 2 bedroom all to yourself! Sa-weet. EXCEPT for the spider thing!! Was it REALLY a tarantula?!? I would have left and never came back-SO FREAKY!
it was pretty darn close! It wasn't, but it was by far the biggest spider I've ever seen not in a cage. EWWW!!!
Girl, you have amazing taste in rugs. Imma come steal em all!
You are doing so good posting lots. Good job Koobie.
I love the pictures of your pad. And everything is soooo clean! (I had to say that, I'm the mom)
Post a Comment