I have a problem. I am a workaholic. I always have been, once my generous mother took the family on a Baja Mexico Cruise in March when I was 17. I was mad because it was cold and cruises are supposed to be WARM... and I was missing work so I could bundle up on the deck. I would have rather been at work making money, than on vacation. I took a solid 3 days sick time in March this year because my doctor pretty much told me I HAD to. Actually he told me to take 7 days off... I took 3. I had pneumonia. besides that I don't remember the last sick day I took. Monday was a day I HAD to be at work. I was sick, but I went in anyway and worked for a solid 6 hours then went home. I had a temperature of 101 but I just laid in bed and looked at the clock thinking about what I would be doing at work. This morning, I woke up feeling awful!! My eyes were glued shut... literally, My head was pounding, my throat was burning and I could hardly move. I decided I needed to call in sick. I let my manager know I was taking a sick day, she told me to feel better. Then I just laid in bed... thinking about how bad I felt for calling in sick... so guess where I am... WORK!! I walked in at 11:30 and I have been getting crap from everyone at work since. Ian just told me that I was being selfish by being at work, he said something about how it makes it seem like I think MY job is more important than anyone else's because I don't care if I get anyone sick. What do you think???
P.S. I feel much better now than this morning.
Friday, October 14, 2011
sicky.
at 1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 reactions:
WOW Kar-that's dedication. But I do think that maybe you should learn to just stay home and recover. Your body NEEDS it! I had to learn that the hard way. If you just ignore your body, one day it could just FORCE you to stay in bed for let's say 4 months!!! (remember high school for me??) anyways, that's what I think! Now that I have a kid I do hate the fact that I'm not "supposed" to go out to things like church or playdates etc. The other mom's get really upset if you do because they don't want their kid sick! I guess it's the same with us as adults though that besides the fact that our body needs it, other people's body's don't need it. You asked for opinions and that's mine :) REST!
I've always said, "If I taught my girls anything during the years they were at home, it was to be hard workers." I am not a good one to give advice though - I am one who is always up late working on some project and even though I may be sick I won't go to bed until I am miserable and can't move. Sorry, I think you may have got that from me.
Post a Comment