I was checking my uMail today and I saw a link to this story!
Truck rolls into playground, traps 2-year-old girl
Updated: 9:16 AM- A pickup truck dragged and pinned a toddler Wednesday in Weber County but the girl did not suffer serious injuries. Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Pledger said the only obvious injuries were lacerations to the 2-year-old's face, despite being dragged 20 to 25 feet underneath the truck's rear axle. Paramedic "saw no obvious signs of broken bones or no signs of obvious trauma," Pledger said, though a helicopter flew the child to a hospital as a precaution. The accident happened about 5 p.m. at the Almost Home daycare in Plain City. A father arrived in his truck to take home his 6-year-old daughter. While the father was talking with an adult on the playground, the 6-year-old jumped into the truck. Pledger said the daughter wanted to listen to the radio and turned the key in the ignition. The truck had a manual transmission and was in gear when the child turned it on, Pledger said. The truck ran through a fence, striking and dragging the 2-year-old before running through another fence and coming to a stop against a barrier, Pledger said. The toddler remained pinned underneath the rear axle. Adults tried to use a jack to lift the truck, but the jack was too small, Pledger said. A deputy arrived with a larger jack freed the child, Pledger said. No citations were issued.
Can you believe that? All I can say is, WOW!!
On a lighter note . . .
I tripped and fell today on campus
at the coner of an intersection
right after I got off Trax
I'm such a loser!!
No injuries here either!!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
There is a God!!
at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 reactions:
Koobie,
I would expect nothing less!
Congrats on surviving the fall!
That is a cool story. God is definately watching out for us. Sorry about the fall. I hope that all is well and you will soon learn to walk.
Post a Comment