Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I realize that I am a few days late, but this is the first chance I've had. The Doug Tyes have had the cabin this past weekend and since I am umemployed here I sit in the family room, where the fireplace doesn't work, updating my blog (yes it is true, the cabin gets wireless internet but the Tye household is still behind the times!).

For those of you who don't know, I have been dating Ian Jensen for the last seven wonderful months. The poor kid had Christmas, my birthday and now Valentines Day all within a month and a half of each other, but he seems to be handling it all pretty well! Probably because his birthday is next month . . . and now I have to suffer with the guy who already has everything!

Anyways, so this Valentines started out with . . . . you got it, SCHOOL!!! UGH!! And I was one of maybe 30 people who went to school that day (okay so I might be exaggerating slightly) there I was one of 10 in my GENERALS classes at the U (this time I'm not exaggerating!!). I had school until 6:00 pm and Ian made reservations for Carvers at 8:30. So I speed home because if you know Ian you know he is ALWAYS early and he told me he would pick me up at 8. I get home at 6:30, iron my dress and start my hair. Ian calls at 7:23 and says that he is on his way, and he left 5 minutes ago . . . AHHH!!! He gets to my house 10 minutes later and I am almost ready (which is a surprise!) and we leave like 10 minutes later.

We get to Carvers at 8:00 . . . that is right, our reservations were for 8:30 (I get to say "I told you so" again!) he says "Well, you don't know what the parking situation is like, we wont be able to get in until 8:30 at least." What a surprise we pull into the teeny parking lot to see a front row spot RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOORS!! AMAZING, I LOVE BEING RIGHT! We then think through our options, either we wait in the car or go inside and wait, either way we wait! So we go inside, Ian goes up to the hostess and says that we have reservations for 8:30 and they tell us they can seat us right away (I HATE BEING WRONG!!), Ian gives me the "told you so" look (I HATE BEING WRONG!!) and the hostess leads us to a romantic table RIGHT BY THE FIREPLACE (I HATE BEING WRONG!!) and Ian says "Oh look Karin, its your lucky day! Right by the fireplace!" insert the "told you so" face (for those of you who dont know me very well I am ALWAYS cold and highly enjoy every waking moment by a fireplace!).

After I admit that I MAY have been wrong, we order!! Gent this, I HATE seafood but Ian said he wanted to try the Calamari (SQUID!!) so I said, "fine, if you order it I'll try it!" Can I just tell you how AMAZING it was! It was like a little piece of heaven, SO good, like greese soaked, deep-fried pieces of heaven! MMMMM, I think I liked it more than Ian and he LOVES seafood (another "told you so"). Weird how that works! Again, I hate being wrong! Then we ordered our dinners and I got a Filet Mignon with garlic potatoes . . . WOW I sure love meat!! It was a really good dinner, for sure! He then took me home and we took lots of pictures BUT . . . considering I am at the cabin this is the only picture I have and thats only cause Ian sent it to me (I'll add more when I get home, promise!).

All in all a FABULOUS Valentines, even if I was wrong a lot more than I like to be!!

Thank you Ian, you are the best (no battle!)!!

0 reactions: